Part-Time Document Imaging/Records Clerk
CMDB, a growing estate planning and administration, tax, real estate and business transaction law firm, is looking for an Part-Time Imaging/Records Clerk who is a character-first, detail oriented, independent worker who proactively communicates, pursues growth and learning, and builds lasting relationships with co-workers and clients. The Document Imaging/Records Clerk performs a variety of tasks under the direction of the File Clerk.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Part-time)
Responsibilities May Include:
- Coordinating and performing the scanning and quality control of legal documents.
- Adhering to established processes for preparing legal records for electronic scanning, such as taping loose sheets, removing staples, and verifying consistent client information.
- Identifying and categorizing a variety of legal document types (including but not limited to correspondence, agreements, corporate documents, pleadings, etc.).
- Following Firm procedures regarding sorting and organizing legal records.
- Handling a variety of records related to phone and email requests from attorneys and legal staff.
- Utilizing a computerized records management system to identify, categorize, store, and retrieve records.
- Assisting the File Clerk with client and billing filing as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Expertise
The ideal Imaging/Records Clerk:
- Will have a minimum of one years' experience performing legal document scanning and legal filing experience;
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail, communication and organizational skills;
- Must demonstrate professionalism, be accountable and reliable, have the ability to prioritize tasks, and multitask in a high volume environment;
- Must respect and desire exacting standards regarding file setup, organization, database management, and overall accuracy of work and communication;
- Must have the ability to conduct data entry with accuracy and attention to detail;
- Must possess excellent filing skills;
- Must be ale to prepare documents in accordance with detailed instruction;
- Must demonstrate highly proficient keyboarding skills;
- Must demonstrate proficient computer experience, including with WordPerfect, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be flexible and willing to learn new systems and practices;
- Must have the ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness;
- Must have excellent communication skills; and
- Must possess a sense of humor and empathy.
Physical demands may include:
- Sitting and focusing for extended periods of time
- Lifting boxes of records (up to 50 pounds)
- High School diploma or GED required, some college preferred
- Minimum 1 years’ experience performing legal document scanning and legal filing experience
Salary varies based upon experience
How to Apply
Please submit the following to email@example.com: (1) cover letter including why CMDB is the right firm for you and (2) resume. Or, you may submit the foregoing via mail to:
Calleton, Merritt, De Francisco & Bannon, LLP
131 N. El Molino, Suite 350
Pasadena, CA 91101
No phone calls or faxes, please.